Ever wondered what is the fastest shark or what mysterious creatures lie in the deep sea? This June school holidays, let your child immerse in a uniquely musical experience as they learn about the wonders of the ocean and some of its extraordinary creatures. Dive into the Oceans Holiday Workshop with The Music Scientist!
Topics covered: Planktons, Corals, Seajellies, Turtles, Whales, Sharks, Deep Sea Creatures and many more!
For Ages 5 & 6 years old
Date/Time: 17-19 June 2019 (Mon-Wed) / 9am to 12pm
For Ages 7 & 8 years old
Date/Time: 17-19 June 2019 (Mon-Wed) / 2pm to 5pm
Venue: The Midtown, 1187 Upper Serangoon Road, #02-16, Singapore 533971
The workshop activities include:-
- Singing, music and movement to songs embedded with Science facts, allow the child to absorb the Science facts easily, and stored in his long term memory.
- Apart from the Science learning, such music and movement activities are skeleton to build on the child’s rhythmic sense and inner hearing. It also trains the child’s auditory skills through learning the musical solfege, notations and dynamics.
- Abstract Science facts are made into fun and interactive visuals which helps the child to understand better.
- Engaging Science demonstrations, hands-on experiments, crafts, card games that supplement and reinforce the learning points
- Playing of percussion and pitched instrument including resonator bars and boomwhakers, through music sight reading and hearing.
- Science quizzes and Music worksheets are used to assess the Science and Music learning, ensuring that the learning objectives are met.